Monday, April 18, 2011

Collection Anxiety

So it's come to that time, the end of another semester, and with that, the end of my project. The blog has had a good run, so I'll keep it up when I can. Check back sporadically for updates. Assignment or not, I love to buy the good stuff. The blog also makes a good outlet for showing off the massive amount of various objects I already own, so expect a bit of that as well.

Anyways, I wanted some closure for the project, so I figured I'd update on everything that I've accumulated through my St. Vinnie's explorations. I think a picture would help.

How many entries can you find? Which entries are missing? Which items in the picture
never got an entry? Who really cares?
So now the question is, what to do with all of this stuff? The action figures are keepers, even the ones I already own. I maintain the philosophy that one can never own too many action figures. You never know when you might need that back up. And the giant Leonardo. He has to stay. Most of the glassware I'd like to keep as well, most of all the Wizard of Oz glass, and the kidney coffee mug. Those things rule.

I can't keep it all, sadly, so what to get rid of? Certainly Lord of the Dance (which I haven't watched, in case you were wondering). The Mickey rap tape can go, too (I did listen to it, and it was as shitty as you would expect from a tape featuring rapping Disney characters and Whoopi Goldberg). Doctor Dreadful will probably have to go too, because I just don't think I have the room. I'd like to try to get some money for it, since it has so many unopened packs. As much as I wanted to try some, I couldn't bring myself to open the pack and destroy the value. Maybe I'll open just one...

Well, there you have it. Thanks to everyone who read the blog over the semester. If you're interested in seeing future posts, leave me some comments so I know people still want to read this crap. Secondhand Jesus signing off (for now).

4 comments:

  1. You found some amazing stuff. I laughed pretty hard at some of it. I was trying to pick a favorite, but I just couldn't do it... too much good stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you keep writing, I'll keep reading. I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josey, keep up the writing! I think that you have a knack for it. It's been entertaining, and I'd hate to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should keep up the blog if it's really something your into. Which it seems to be. It's so interesting to read, and I loved the pictures you used throughout the blog :) It was really good.

    ReplyDelete